July 16, 2012 by
Last month, we shared prayer requests for a missions trip to Seoul, South Korea. We're pleased to say that the trip was a great success! The missions team came from Cornerstone Church of Knoxville, Tennessee, and was led by Bill Kittrell (the senior pastor of that church), and Larry Malament (a pastor at CrossWay Community Church in Charlotte, NC). During their time there, they served Lord's Grace Church, pastored by Kang Songhwan.
Here are some highlights:
- About 150 adults attended the Gospel Conference led by Bill, Larry, and Songhwan. Those who attended experienced teaching on gospel application in their lives and churches, and meaningful times of Q&A after each session.
- While Bill and Larry served with Songhwan at the conference, the rest of the team led an English camp for 50–60 children and teens. The team taught through the parable of the prodigal son and Tim Keller's book The Prodigal God.
- During the trip, the team was able to spend time with Songhwan and his wife Miran (pictured eating dinner with the team).
- The Sunday the team was in Seoul, Larry preached at Lord's Grace Church.
- Bill and Larry were able to meet a professor from a Presbyterian seminary in Seoul and one of his associates. This man plans to attend our Pastors Conference in the fall.
Thank you for praying for this trip! If you would like to read more, visit Cornerstone Church of Knoxville's blog.