March 28, 2011 by
Categories: Conferences | Resources
The panel discussion from the sixth and final session of Plant, our church-planting conference, featured Mark Dever, Mike McKinley, C.J. Mahaney, and Daniel Montgomery, and was moderated by Dave Harvey.
C.J. Mahaney closed the session with a brief message.
Panel discussion 3: Church planting and church revitalization
Download (right-click and select “Save link as” or “Save target as”)
Here’s what was asked:
- Why do churches fail?
- Daniel Montgomery: What are you building into your church-planting movement to prevent the failure of churches?
- Mike McKinley: Tell us about replanting a church.
- Mark Dever: What’s behind your decision to move in the direction of church revitalization?
- What are the differences between a core group for a church plant and a core group for church revitalization?
- How do you handle a church plant that emerged from a church split?
- How do you handle doctrinal differences when revitalizing a church?
- What are some recommended resources on how to do church replants?
- If a young man came to you who wants to plant a church or get involved in a church replant, what questions would you explore with him?
- What’s the church’s role in affirming a man’s call to plant a church?
- If a young man has a sense of internal call to plant a church and is wondering what to do next, how would you advise him?
(RSS readers, you may have to click through to the post to stream the audio.)